This Activity Day Service in Sli An Aifrinn is open for Adults with severe to profound intellectual disabilities, to ensure they have a good and inclusive quality of life.
The primary aim of Sli-An-Aifrinn House is to provide high quality person centred service and supports to adults with intensive needs.
Our objective is to create a holistic environment based on Person Centred Values, incorporating support for medical needs and community inclusion. Some of our activities include:
- Swimming in local pool
- Outings for lunch/beverages to a variety of locations
- Pampering sessions in local spas
- Outings to sensory gardens sensory me rooms
- Shopping trips
Our Activation sessions include:
- Reflexology/Reiki sessions
- Music therapy
- Art therapy
- Use of touch screen computer for programmes
- Encouraging self-help skills in all activities of daily living – specific to each individual
- Multi-Sensory Room Tactile Programmes
Our Day Service is designed to deliver an individual person centred service to all the individuals we support. We support the person to maintain good health and well-being and participate in the things they choose to do in a dignified and respectful environment. We are supported in what we do by families and health professional who work with us to ensure that the day service is stimulating, interesting and purposeful for each person.