History of School
In 1966, St. Hilda’s School was founded. It was initially based in a bungalow provided by Mother Hilda of La Sainte Union Sisters, staffed entirely by volunteers, providing 2 hours of education each day to children with intellectual disabilities.
St. Hilda’s School is now located on Grace Park road, Athlone. It has a staff complement of 7 teachers,including an administrative principal, 7 classroom assistants and a general assistant. There are currently 25 children attending the school ranging from 5 to 18 years old.
Check out their website for current information
Aims and Objectives of the School
Provision of quality education for all children according to their abilities and needs
- Overview of School Activities
- Sport- participation in Special Olympics e.g. athletics, swimming and gymnastics
- Play- A new playground has been constructed at the rear of the school
- All academic subjects are taught and the curriculum guidelines are closely followed as laid down by the department of education
- Other curricular activities include self-help skills such as cookery, bed-making and domestic chores.