Inclusion Ireland COVID- 19 Resources available to support individuals with disabilities and their families. Please click to the link to access resources.
Please see link below for access to HSE website for easy access information for individuals with disabilities and their families.
Dr Cathal Morgan, Head of Operations, HSE Disabilities has recorded a video to speak directly people with disabilities and their families at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ptqVFp0Lu8&feature=youtu.be.
A number of key resources have been added to the HSE Partner Resources specifically relevant to disabilities and includes areas below:
- COVID 19 FAQs for people with disabilities and families
- Staff Guide on Easy Communication with people with intellectual disability and with autism
- Staff Guide on Easy Communication with people with intellectual disability and with autism (short version)
- Guide on communication apps for people with disabilities – Easy Read version
- Staff Guide on communicating with Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons
- Staff Guide for working with an ISL-English interpreter
- Poster explaining COVID-19 test Process for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Persons
- Updated List of Guidance
Detailed guidance on the testing process taking place across disability services is included in this site. Easy Read version:
To access information regarding supports please click on links below:
The HSE and Department of Health have produced an Easy Read version of the Public Information Guide on Covid 19 (Coronavirus).
The Easy Read version will help those who sometimes find content hard to read, understand or act on. Staff working with vulnerable groups such as some, people with an intellectual disability, members of the Travelling community, homeless people or asylum seekers can order copies and share them with your service users by whatever possible means.
You can download or order copies here: Click on “Order Publications” and if you log in as a health professional you can order multiple copies. If you need any assistance with your order contact firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Hilda’s Services are advised by the World Health Organisation, the European Centre for Disease Control. Health Protection Surveillance Centre and the HSE.
St. Hilda’s Services :
- are communicating with our staff regularly
- have Easy to Read Guidelines for our service users in each service location
- have issued information on Coronavirus / COVID-19
- have issued information on best practice on Infection Prevention and Control
- have Hand Washing Signage over every sink in each service location
- staff have completed HSELand Hand Washing Guidelines
- have some protective clothing and are working with suppliers
- have all staff watch a video recording on HPSC website on Personal Protective Equipment on how to put on and remove PPE without contamination of the staff or the area.
- Staff are working in unison to promote best practice in Infection Prevention and Control.
- Infection Control Team meet on a daily basis to review and monitor practice.
Nurse for the Services
Ireland remains in an containment phase of the COVID-19 Coronavirus which means that actions are being taken to prevent and limit the spread of COVID-19.
The approach which has been taken to date in Ireland is in line with guidance from the WHO and ECDC (European Centre for Disease Control).
For the latest information about COVID-19 please see links:
St. Hilda`s Service Users are set to host a one day only exhibition on Thursday 5th of December at 6pm in Abbey Road Studios. All are welcome to attend.
At the end of this exhibition, the work will be brought to Luan Gallery to be exhibited in the boardwalk gallery space from Saturday 7th of December until Sunday 29th of December.
Safeguarding Ireland’s financial abuse Public Awareness campaign in partnership with Banking & Payments Federation Ireland has commenced today and runs throughout this week. Following are three links for your information:
- NEWS RELEASE: 20% of Adults have experience of Financial Abuse
- RESEARCH: New RED C research on Financial Abuse in Ireland
- RADIO AD and VISUALS: Campaign materials
SOCIAL MEDIA: Please support activity on the BPFI @BPFINews and Safeguarding Ireland @safeguardingire Twitter accounts, #safeguardyourmoney
ADVERTISING: Ads will run on RTE Radio One & Lyric FM and Newstalk, plus online on the Irish Times, Irish Independent, Irish Examiner and Journal.ie
MEDIA COVERAGE: Today’s launch was covered on RTE, Newstalk, the Irish Times, Irish Independent and Irish Examiner.
Safeguarding Ireland would be grateful of any support you can add on social media, or using and sharing the information.
Please get in contact at email@example.com / 086 317 9731 if you have any questions or suggestions.