This day service was set up in 1993 and provides a day service for 8 adults with moderate and severe levels of intellectual disability.
A need was identified for this service as it was noted that a significant number of individuals were not availing of services or were in receipt of inappropriate services.
This programme focuses on meaningful work activities, usage of community services, craft and leisure activities and integration into the community.
Aims and Objectives:
- Provide life enrichment opportunities to the individuals and their families.
- To develop a network of community involvement.
- To generate meaningful work activities.
- To provide a forum for self expression.
- To give individuals choices in their own development.
- To encourage and support each individual to live as independently as possible.
Overview of Unit Activities:
- Eating out.
- Walks to the park.
- Relaxation / pampering days.